Monday, December 8, 2008

A gift for the musician in your life & what i did on my day off.

So today I created the perfect gift item for the musician in your life. It's a guitar pick necklace. The guitar pick is handsawn from thick 20 G sterling silver. Then it goes through a series of filing and polishing to round and smooth the edges and create a near mirror shine. This particular item can be engraved with 'let the music guide you' or can be made plain, with or without the 16 inch sterling silver cable chain. I chose for this one to hang from its side to be a bit different from your average guitar pick necklace.

Yesterday i decided to take a day off and work on some little gifts for friends and family. I bought these little glass votive holders in the crafts section of my local store for about $1 each then took some scraps from my mothers stained glass projects and sorted them by color. I decided to do blues, sunset colors and greens. I spent quite a bit of time selecting colors and cutting them into little rectangle and square shapes. Then using tweezers and some adhesive i carefully placed each shard into place. I let them dry overnight and i plan on grouting them with white grout later today. I will check back in with more photos as i complete them.
Thanks for stopping by! Dont forget to join my mailing list to the right of this post to be entered in my giveaway for a pair of my most popular apple green earrings!
xoxo
Julia Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment