Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Hammering Things Out...



My newest love. I made a pair of earrings yesterday, listed them and they sold in less than 2 hours. Can you imagine how pleased i was. I made them by cutting piece of sterling sheet into the shape i want then i heated it up a bit and hammered it out! It creates such a nice finnish when you highly polish it. I decided to embellish the leaf earrings with some peridot swinging in front.


So today I decided i would make another piece. This time i thought a 4 leaf clover shape would be nice. So again i did the design, cut it out, heated and hammered it. Again i used the peridot beads to hang in front. These are made from a bit thicker metal and have a nice cling/ ching sound when you move them.

1 comment:

  1. lovely, did you heat them in the oven? how hot? I love leaves!

    ReplyDelete